• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

UnsatisfiedLink error

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
i am developing web application using java.
i am using ant builder for build the java project.
i am creating .ear file through ant build.xml and deploy this .ear file on jboss application server.
for running some java program i have to use shared library...so at run time i have to pass
java.library.path = path/of/shared/lib/libdb_java-4.3.so
this libdb_java-4.3.so is shared library and it resides on linux server where jboss is installed.
After deploying .ear file on jboss server..
when end-user running this application through browser(from windows operating system), how pass the
java -Djava.library.path for getting shared library...

otherwise program terminated with
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db_java-4.3 in java.library.path

while generating .ear file through ant builder..
i am just compile the classs which includes .jar file in classpath.

if i run the program on linux server by giving command
java -Djava.library.path=path/of/shared lib/libdb_java-4.3.so programName.class it works
perfectly.....
Is any setting on jboss server..or where to put shared library on jboss directory structure...
pl. guide me...
Thanks in advanced..

ketan

Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
posted and discussed elsewhere
I don't think it matters that you posted this same question at Tek-Tips, however within the JavaRanch, please don't post the same question to multiple forums. Most of us here read many forums so you aren't increasing your audience, not to mention if someone spends his valuable time answering your question here then finds the question's been answered elsewhere, you've taken up time he could have spent helping others.
[ May 13, 2005: Message edited by: Joe Ess ]

ketandba shah
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi,
joe,
I am very much sorry for same question in different forum.
Actually i am struggling since last 3 days...and no specific answer

Also i don't know that many people are read the different forum...

ketan

Joe Ess
Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Don't worry about it, ketandba. I'm just trying to keep things running smoothly. It looks like you are getting some good information on the Tek-Tips forum.
So this shared library is used to access a BerkeleyDB database. Are you attempting to access the database directly from your applet? If not, you don't need the library in your applet. If you are, don't. Use the servlet to access the db for the applet, then you won't need the shared library on the client side.
Furthermore, aren't there pure-java versions of the Berkeley DB software? I'd use those before I'd go native. And isn't Berkeley DB file-based? Can you even access it remotely?
As for where to set up an environment variable in JBoss, check out the JBOSS_HOME/bin directory. The batch files to run it are there. You can put your environment variable in whatever you use to start it (run.bat, run.sh).

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic