• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

ldap hell

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm in LDAP hell...I simply cannot get this chunk of code to authenticate on our active directory server.

First off, I don't know all that much about AD, LDAP or related stuff. Everything I know about JNDI I've learned in the last 2 hours.

I've been tasked w/ simply retrieving a list of users in AD and listing them out on a page. I wrote a simple class cobbled together from code I found while googling around.

Here's my class:

First I was getting an exception telling me that i was missing the file C:\winnt\krb5.ini. I found an example online, filled out to the best of my knowledge, and placed it in my winnt folder.

The contents of that file are:

Here's the exception I'm getting now:

I've been googling & tweaking for hours...no luck.

I'm completely at wits end...and not for lack of trying. I have no idea what further secret hoops I have to jump through to get this to work...can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

-v

Vinnie Jenks
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
*bump*

Not trying to be irritating here...just wondering if there's any hope for this situation? I've been googling for two weeks now w/ no progress...not one forum has posted a solution for me either...it's looking bad!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic