• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Collating

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the java multi-platform print dialog.

My question is on collating the output of my print out using the java multi-platform print dialog. The thing is no matter even if i select the collate check box or not the output of the print out is always printed uncollated.

When i use the platform specific print dialog(windows in my case) the output can be printed collated or uncollated.

This is what i am doing to call the multi-platform dialog to print collated print-outs

The below is sun's simple printing program but when i test this programming(when i switch the aset variable between collating and uncollating) the problem also arises.

This is the compilable program

It seems strange to me that if i use the sytem specific print dialog i can print both collated and uncollated printouts but if i use the java multi-platform print dialog the print out is always printed uncollated even when i specify it to be printed collated

There are no exceptions thrown and the program compiles with no errors.

Am i calling java multi-platform print dialog and adding the
attributes correctly?

Is this a bug or am i missing something for both my questions?

This program was run on java 1.4.6 and 1.5.0_06 with both producing the same results

I really hope someone can help me with this problem

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic