• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Writing from MQ to an ISeries Data Queue

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello all,
I posted this initially on the beginner forum and wound up with a "goose egg" for replies so I'll try here. FWIW, the problem has gotten down to actually doing the "write" from the MQ message to the Data Queue. Here's the original question;

I'm a Java greenhorn fer sure and could use some help or direction. I'm coding a short Java app that will run on an ISeries box and read from an MQ queue on another ISeries box. I then need to write to a DDM Data Queue on an ISeries box. I just attended an MQ class and think I have that part finished but how do you write to the ISeries data queue? This is my first posting here so excuse me if I haven't worded or followed protocol exactly right. Thanks in advice for any help.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I can't say that I know anything about this. But a non-responsive post is always a challenge.

While googling on your issue I came into the following URL. Hope this helps you out.

IBM ToolBox for Java article

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello,

Sorry, I did not get exactly. Are you using any other vendor provided JMS.

K. Decker
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Manuel, I've been using the toolbox but will look into your link closer. Srinivas, I'm reading from an MQ Queue located on an ISeries/AS400 and I think I have that down but when I try to write to the ISeries?AS400 Data Queue, using the Java Data Queue "write", I get bit. Thank you guys for your ideas and help. Ken

K. Decker
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ahhh, I was just enlightened... Remember, I'm new at this. This is my statement: dq.write(msg.toString()); The dq is the Data Queue object and the msg is the MQ Message. I needed to convert the msg to the string in order to write it. I was initially trying to convert to "byte" for the write. Sorry to have wasted your time guys but thanks for replying. Ken (AKA ==> DeadHead) WooHooooo

(instanceof Sidekick)
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This was an interesting thread. I'd never heard of DDM data queues but googled for a bit on the topic. Sounds like you wrote a Message Translator. If you use messaging at all, browse the whole Pattern Catalog or buy The Book. Gregor Hohpe's pattern names and notation are catching on with other authors and tool vendors.
[ September 08, 2006: Message edited by: Stan James ]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic