• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Web Scraping

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
How can we include a browser to our application?If we include that ,how can we trace out the links corresponding to a particular topic?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You need to specify your application. If it is a client server application where do you want to have browser available. What are you trying to browse using browser?

how can we trace out the links corresponding to a particular topic?

Please detail topic, link and what is it for.

(instanceof Sidekick)
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Including a full-blown browser in a Swing app can be a big deal. Just showing very simple HTML is easy with a JEditorPane. You'll have to write link following, buttons like forward, back, reload. Supporting javascript, css and all the goodies is much harder. Google for commercial solutions like Clue and Ice.

Kris
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Acually i have to make a personalised web browser. so i have to include a web page in my application.In the mean time i have to trace out where the search link goes.Suppose am serching for a partiular book like "computer",from the next search onwards i have to get the link of that topics only.I want to avoid unnecessary topics .I think u people got my idea.My doubt occurs in this point "how can we trace out a link when we search for a particular topic within the application". I read from the books that it is possible by Xquery.but how can i use that?

jiju ka
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Acually i have to make a personalised web browser. so i have to include a web page in my application.In the mean time i have to trace out where the search link goes.Suppose am serching for a partiular book like "computer",from the next search onwards i have to get the link of that topics only.I want to avoid unnecessary topics .I think u people got my idea.My doubt occurs in this point "how can we trace out a link when we search for a particular topic within the application". I read from the books that it is possible by Xquery.but how can i use that?

You are saying you are creating a personalized browser. Is search one of the feature of your browser?

When you say browser, what is it going to be used for? Is it a web browser or just a user interface to your application.?

how can we trace out a link when we search for a particular topic within the application

What does trace contain? I assume link as a url to a product in your application. How is your user going to use the trace? Does trace contain steps to reach the product?

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic