• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

New Standards ...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I bought a calling card online from a website.

After making payment online I was sitting and waiting for email with pin number to arrive. After waiting for about an hour, I called the company Customer Service and the line landed in our beloved outsourcing country

The guys at the customer service were gossiping loudly and I could hear them clearly. The customer service man was gossiping to his colleagues even while SERVICING me. He told that he has sent me email that never arrived.

I was just wondering that would the software development be the victim of such HIGH standards of our beloved outsourcing country I am just afraid what�s gonna happen with my credit card number I used to purchase on such company.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
One bad experience does not a country make. The quality of customer service is driven largely by the importance that the organization places upon it. I am sure we have all bad customer service experiences on both sides of the ocean.

arch rival
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Not so, here in the UK we never ever get bad service </sarcasm>

Ugly Redneck
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Alfred Harre:

You missed the whole point! You are the customer and its your money. You have the choice of either doing business with people who outsource or people who don't. Next time use another calling card firm and see if the service is any better..

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Paul McKenna:

You missed the whole point! You are the customer and its your money. You have the choice of either doing business with people who outsource or people who don't. Next time use another calling card firm and see if the service is any better..

maybe. But most don't publish the fact that they're offshoring and customers are left to find out by themselves after the purchase.
It's only when you get someone on the line with an accent [italicized my attempt at editing -JM] that you know and by then they have your money.
Or they get you so hooked into their products that switching to another supplier would be extremely difficult and costly (one company, one bill, easy service (and of course complete vendor lockin, but the commercials don't tell that)).
[ June 16, 2004: Message edited by: Jason Menard ]

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic