• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Purpose of java Actually

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello

First of all a big congratulations to authors for the new java actually book.

I have gone through the preface and it seems there are lot of things which are covered like

1. OOP concepts.
2. Focus on problem solving techniques.
3. programming concepts are showing using UML. Doesn't require prior experience to UML.
4. Development of Algorithms.

And java language is used to learn all this and no background in java is required.

I am not clear what is the purpose of this book. Is it trying to attempt to teach every aspect of the topics above throughly or learn java language in general?

I am tend to think that this is more for learning various computer science aspects than java language? Is my understanding correct.

Anyways I love to buy this book as there are vast variety of topics than java language alone.

Regards
padma

author
Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
We hope that the book comes across as a intro book on programming in Java and as a Java language book, if you get my drift.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

It bends a novice programmer very smoothly towards java basics and object oriented programming through Object based Programming(Partial OOPs) in java. Actually the authors take special care by providing each HOWS and WHYS in Java Program Learning Path. I have completed 1st 2 chapters from the book. From my point of view the chapters covered the foundation of JAVA language in details and I havent felt any kind of stress in understanding those chapters though my background is .NET.

Thanks & Regards

Prithiraj Sen Gupta

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic