• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cant think of a suitable title

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
To start with, i dont even know whether this is a question, so apologies if you find it a bit lame..... I was wondering how does one go about customizing any implementation without referring to some outside material available on the net or in some books....Say for example, one wishes to have a customized button, say a rounded one with a customized look and feel and stuff.... Im sure there are many articles, forums that would help in this regard but the problem with these, is that one(atleast I) tends to forget about how it was done once you are through with it.... The API only helps in mentioning the outer details of the classes and its methods.... Coming back to the earlier example, one would extend the AbstractButton class(correct me if im wrong with this one) and then override some methods to "customize" it. The question is how does one come to know which methods to override and which to not.... i hope you are getting what im trying to say here..... Is referring to the source code of the classes the only way to learn it all by yourself???... Or is there a more smarter way to deal with it...... Thanks.

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
What's wrong with using material on the net and in books for customisation?

For rounded buttons, you can do a search on JavaRanch because somebody asked that question about two years ago. This sort of forum is a valuable source of that sort of material.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic