• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

where to find JDK 1.4.1

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi.

how can I find older versions of JDK ?
I am looking for JDK 1.4.1

Do other newer versions work both with BPEL and Axis?

Thanks

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Tim Horton:
hi.

how can I find older versions of JDK ?
I am looking for JDK 1.4.1

To download an archived version of Java,
1. go to http://java.sun.com/
2. Click on the "Java SE" link under popular downloads on the right.
3. On the "Java SE Downloads" page, on the "Downloads" tab, click the "Previous Releases" menu item (along the top of the tab).

4a. On the "Java SE Previous Releases Downloads" page, you will see a list of the major versions. If you want the latest patch of that version, click on the link (for example "J2SE 5.0 Downloads" or "J2SE 1.4.2 Downloads". This will open up a download page with links to the latest patch for the selected version.

4b. If you need a different minor version (say 1.4.1 or 1.3.0) or a specific patch level of the major version, on the "Java SE Previous Releases Downloads" page below the list of java versions, click the "Archived Releases" link. On the "Archive: Java[tm] Technology Products Download" page, find the label for the major version you are looking for. To the right of that is a drop-down menu. Select the desired specific version in the drop down. Then click the go button next to the drop down. A page will open up where you can download the JDK and JRE.

Mark Vedder
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
oops, for got to answer this question:

Do other newer versions work both with BPEL and Axis?

I do not specifically know about these APIs, (others may have specific insight for those APIs). But Java has very good backwards compatibility. And most (properly written) libraries/applications are forward compatible with newer Java versions. In fact, most APIs merely specify a minimum version of Java.

Tim Horton
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thank you very much Mark for your complete answer.

so this is the link to JDK 1.4.1 ( I put it here, in case somebady also needs it)

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.1_07/index.html

And about the next question, actually I am following some university slides to learn this, and it was written there.... so this is why I would like to know what will be the latest version that BOTH suports Axis and BPEL

JDK1.4.2 works with axis server, but does not work with BPEL
JDK1.4.1 works with axis and BPEL

Thanks again

Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I guess that Axis is Apache Axis, an implementation of the SOAP protocol. There's also version 2 of Apache Axis. Do you really need Axis? As far as I know, SOAP is now implemented in the standard Java library (see the package javax.xml.soap; I don't know in which Java version it was added).

I know what BPEL stands for, but which library exactly are you using for this? Look at the homepage for the library and see if there's a newer version that works with Java 5 or 6.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Which BPEL implementation are you using? IBM's bpws4j? Apache's ODE? Something else?

I'm thinking about a new battle cry. Maybe "Not in the face! Not in the face!" Any thoughts tiny ad?
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic