• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Sale : They are cheating us

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
After reading the flashing ads in Bombay Times saying upto 50% off by all major cloths and shoes vendor, I went to Linking Road/Bandra/Mumbai/India.

I visited 8-10 vendor showrooms, but I found that they are selling old / outdated stock in sale. Particularly in shoes, stock is such out dated that if someone offer free to you, you would not like to wear them. At one garment vendor, they had only 4 pieces per type (shirts / jeans/ shorts / cargo) and you have to select from it.

They are just making people fool.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
2 weeks back,There was one offer of buy one get one free by Pantaloon.Two shirts for Rs 500.I purchased and later found that only shirt is of my size.Other shirt with label XXL but was actually L. Now I can not go back to Mumbai just to return that shirt.

Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well yesterday only I bought Excalibur of size 40 but when today I wear it,I found it is a size of 42

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well I purchased a pant in Indio Nation sale. I took 32 size pant but after going home I found it is 30 size lablled 32 But as shop is near I returned it back.

Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
A very famous joke...

Once an ad came in newspaper saying "A new anti-mosquito machine that kill 100% mosquitoes". Price of the machine is 500 Rs and since the machine is very heavy, 500 Rs as transport charges.
People attract towards this offer as the machine kills 100% mosquitoes. Many people ordered machine. When they open the parcel, they found two bricks( a black and a white) and a user manual.

User manual has following steps to operate machine
Step 1
First catch the mosquito.
Step 2
Put mosquito on the black brick.
Step 3
Now hit white brick on black brick, this will kill mosquitoes with 100% accuracy.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
But some offers really offer you discount like:

Reebok offer -

purchase for rs. 2000 pay rs. 1000.
purchase for rs. 4000 pay rs. 2000.
purchase for rs. 6000 pay rs. 3000.
purchase for rs. 8000 pay rs. 4000.

and so on..

This is not joke.

A person around age of 50 went to reebok showroom, he purchased a shoe pair worth rs. 1990. He didn't want to purchase any other thing but wanted to get discount of rs. 1000. So he gave rs. 10 extra to shopkeeper but he refused. It was my first incidence when customer is giving extra money and ....

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic