• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Taking plugins from WSAD to Eclipse 3.1.2 ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
We used to use WSAD 5.1.2 and have moved on to Eclipse 3.1.2.

We are keen to have all the text highlighting that was possibly in WSAD for things like XML, Javascript and CSS etc.

I've looked at the old WSAD box and there seem to be a lot more areas of configuration for these technologies.

I understand that eclipse is a pluggable environment so was wondering if it was possible to take the plugin directories from C:\wsad\wstools\eclipse\plugins and add them to the new box in the relevant directory.

Having looked at the plugin dir in WSAD I can't understand which ones are important! There are so many...

Has anyone tried to use the WSAD plugins in Eclipse or have you all gone for seperate new plugins like XML Buddy and so on ?

I guess we could just compile the basic XML highlighting in Eclipse 3.1.2 (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-ecxml/)

Thanks for any help and advise.
Ed

Edward Kin
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I think that we will go for the basic XML syntax highlighting available in Eclipse (the first one on the link mentioned previously that you have to compile) and then use a custom schema for auto complete.

Thanks for the help.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic