• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

store/save growing list of java projects

Ranch Hand
Google Web Toolkit Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,
when i started my first java projects they were small in size and medium in complexity.i was backing up these projects simply in a Hard drive or a RW CD.
now the projects i start getting involved in are much complex and bigger is size. i'm thinking of a good way to store my bits of code in a secure environment so i can refer to them when needed.
storing in HD might not be the best way -i believe- . I wonder if i can create svn repositories for my projects so i can get full control over them through the whole development cycle.
are there any free svn repo servers where i can store my projects?
one important requirement is the ability to hide my svn code from public view ..it would be nice if there are some free svn or CVS services like this.any suggestion?
probably you guys can share with us how you save and store the code you write every day.

thanks

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My hosting company provides svn repositories where I store the source for all my projects. Not free.

There are free sites, but remember, you rarely get what you don't pay for.

Yahya Elyasse
Ranch Hand
Google Web Toolkit Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Bear Bibeault:
My hosting company provides svn repositories where I store the source for all my projects. Not free.

There are free sites, but remember, you rarely get what you don't pay for.

Yes exactly. me too believe using an svn repo is the best way to store and track one's projects.
I agree with you that you must pay to get a good service.however my hosting company doesn't provide svn repos services. I thought trying a free svn hosting service and see if it proves to be a good way for me to store my project; then i can upgrade to a paid svn service afterwards.
i think www.sourceforge.org provides this svn service free; but probably your code will be public to all web viewers.
i just wanted to know if someone here can recommend me a good svn hosting service ..otherwise I'll have to google for this.
thanks

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic