Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JBOSS5.0 EJB3 lookup issue

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello to all of you,

Well, can anyone tell me why I am getting instance of javax.naming.Reference instead of javax.naming.Remote when i perform jndi lookup.

properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099");
properties.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming rg.jnp.interfaces");

Thanks in advance.....

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Please post the entire exception stacktrace

Just a guess - Are you including the jbossall-client.jar and the jar files referenced in its MANIFEST.MF, in your client classpath? Ensure that these jar files are the same as that on the server. You will find these jars in the %JBOSS_HOME%/client folder.

Bhavik patel
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jaikiran Pai ,

Can you please tell me which jar files do I need to place at client side...

Thanks

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

These are the one's you need to have in the client classpath. I took this list from the MANIFEST.MF of jbossall-client.jar. You can find these jars in %JBOSS_HOME%/client folder.

Bhavik patel
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi, thanks for your help,
I placed all the jar in classpath, but now I am getting following Exception.

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at $Proxy1.createProxyBusiness(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.objectfactory.session.SessionProxyObjectFactory.createProxy(SessionProxyObjectFactory.java:133)
at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.objectfactory.session.stateless.StatelessSessionProxyObjectFactory.getProxy(StatelessSessionProxyObjectFactory.java:79)
at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.objectfactory.ProxyObjectFactory.getObjectInstance(ProxyObjectFactory.java:151)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getObjectInstance(NamingContext.java:1315)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getObjectInstanceWrapFailure(NamingContext.java:1332)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Can not make remoting client invocation due to not being connected to server.
at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1713)
at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:612)
at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:55)
at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.remoting.IsLocalProxyFactoryInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalProxyFactoryInterceptor.java:72)
at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.PojiProxy.invoke(PojiProxy.java:61)
... 14 more
com.dylt.exception.BaseException: Error in communication with EJB server
at com.dylt.commondelegate.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.getRemoteObject(ServiceLocator.java:55)
at com.dylt.commondelegate.CommonDelegate.getController(CommonDelegate.java:266)
at com.dylt.commondelegate.CommonDelegate.performOperation(CommonDelegate.java:158)
at com.dylt.Test.main(Test.java:32)
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not dereference object [Root exception is java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getObjectInstanceWrapFailure(NamingContext.java:1340)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:765)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:629)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
at com.dylt.commondelegate.servicelocator.ServiceLocator.getRemoteObject(ServiceLocator.java:40)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at $Proxy1.createProxyBusiness(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.objectfactory.session.SessionProxyObjectFactory.createProxy(SessionProxyObjectFactory.java:133)
at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.objectfactory.session.stateless.StatelessSessionProxyObjectFactory.getProxy(StatelessSessionProxyObjectFactory.java:79)
at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.objectfactory.ProxyObjectFactory.getObjectInstance(ProxyObjectFactory.java:151)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getObjectInstance(NamingContext.java:1315)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getObjectInstanceWrapFailure(NamingContext.java:1332)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Can not make remoting client invocation due to not being connected to server.
at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1713)
at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:612)
at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:55)
at org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.remoting.IsLocalProxyFactoryInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalProxyFactoryInterceptor.java:72)
at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.PojiProxy.invoke(PojiProxy.java:61)
... 14 more

Thanks in advance.

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Please post your client and EJB code. Remember to wrap it in a code block, using the Code button in the message editor window.

Bhavik patel
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ok,

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I hope that the value for the java.naming.provider.url is a typo (leading 's'). It should be "jnp://10.100.112.72:1099", assuming 10.100.112.72 is your server's IP address.

Also, did you remember to start the server using "-b 0.0.0.0"?

Bhavik patel
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hello Peter Johnson,

I made changes as you suggested, but now JNDI lookup returns instance of type SessionProxy instead of java.rmi.Remote.

My server startup option also includes -b 0.0.0.0.

Thansk in advance.

Peter Johnson
author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You need to post the client code that looks up the object in question., What you posted earlier was the code the looked up the initial context. Also, since the exception changed, please post the new exception stack trace. Also, indicate which source line is causing the exception.

Bhavik patel
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Peter Johnson,

Thanks for your replay. I managed to resolve the issue.
In fact , when my client application performs JNDI lookup, I was getting instance of proxy and my code was casting it to java.rmi.Remote and so the ClassCastException was thrown.

When I took a closer look at the object I was getting from JNDI lookup, I found that the returned object implements my remote interface ( i.e SearchEngineRemote). So , I skipped casting and problem is resolved.

Thank you again.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic