• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Stop traffic voilation

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have to talk on some innovative ideas to stop traffic voilations
which is happening in my place. This is more than the nations average level.

This is Some sort of Group discussion kind of program.

Any Ideas Or May i know about your views.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You can contact TRO Officer/NGO/People Forum who are working to make traveling easier in your city.

You need faster solution then contact NGOs or People Forums.
[ November 14, 2005: Message edited by: Chetan Parekh ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
First and foremost criteria for this to happen.
1)Traffic cops should be honest and must deny the bribes.Asking few thousand cops to be honest is easier than asking million people not to give the bribe.
2)Traffic violations happens because of lack of road planning.Another reason is there is a some ego in blood of many people who think that they should drive as they wish.Surplus population has also reduced the value of human to animal.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Few years back I read in a news paper that Japan is adopting traffic violation specially speeding control through stray cattles on the highways, do you know where they got this idea ?

Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
First of all its not all fault of Traffic Police.

I see everyday, people with access-card from all kinds of big MNCs and other big corps, driving their car in wrong lane to overtake some car and finally blocking the road and creating traffic jam.

Want to feel shame on educated people or let us say ourselves who drive car/bike and always complain about traffic problem.

Just go and watch the traffic in morning from 8:00am to 11:00pm at BTM layout.
Cars that do not want to take left turn blocking the way for car behind it though it isi green for left turn.

Car is honking horn, becasue it itself is in right side lane and right side traffic light is still red though it is green for straight road.

AW today morning at SilkBoard crossing I saw something for which I was wishing for a long time.

Traffic police was there to put cars in correct lane, means if they want to take left then only they were allowed to drive in left lane.

And I wished that traffic police should have not only told these car drivers to put their car in right lane but these so called educated car drivers should have been punished/fine and on purposely made late to office for which they were breaking lane rules.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Is bribery really that large of a problem in India? This is the second or third time I have seen a post mentioning that... and it amazes me.

Sure, corrupiont among the police exist to some degree in the US too, but even the most die hard conspiracy theorist among us would admit that the vast majority of cops over here are honest... with just a few bad apples making everyone else look bad.

R K Singh
Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Paul Bourdeaux:
Is bribery really that large of a problem in India? This is the second or third time I have seen a post mentioning that... and it amazes me.

Yes.

Bribery is problem in India.

Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I see everyday, people with access-card from all kinds of big MNCs and other big corps, driving their car in wrong lane to overtake some car and finally blocking the road and creating traffic jam.

Right. Everyone is selfish in Banglore. Is it same in other big cities like Mumbai ? Towns are much better.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Paul Bourdeaux:

Its surprised me as well. That bribery could be that hugely ingrained into the infrastructure of a country is quite bizarre. I've heard similar things about other countries as well, Russia being one of them, but its hard to imagine what it would be like to have to be bribing people all the time. Immensely frustrating I'd guess.

How can it be stopped though? They could create a group of people to monitor traffic wardens to stop corruption, but then this group could be bribed as well. I suppose the change has to come from simultaneously from the top down through government policy and from the bottom up through people refusing to pay bribes.

Arjunkumar Shastry
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Russia(USSR) and India were bedfellows during cold war.Although India opted British parliamentary system,approach of rulers was similar to Russian one,authoritative.Enormous powers were given to elected representatives,people who sit on boards of Public Sector Units,police officers,govt officers.For example Indian Railway minister has a power to cancel or offer the contract to any food vendor on any of the 10,000 stations.He has the power of transferring/sacking any of the 16,00000 employees of Railway without giving any sufficient reason.
Its not that every govt officer runs his house on bribe taken.But many do.
corruption1
Corruption2
Tax officers
This is the recent one..
{
Lokayukta N. Venkatachala told presspersons here on Wednesday that the accused officers are Ranganath, in-charge Chief Engineer (South), and M.C. Prakash, Executive Engineer, Bharatinagar. While the movable and immovable properties owned by Mr. Ranganath amount to Rs. 2 crores, those of Mr. Prakash amount to Rs. 1.75 crore, he said
}
2 crores comes to $4,30000
This is just the tip of the iceberg.This is only in Bangalore.You can imagine whats happening onnational level.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
One difference in the nature of corruption/bribery that happens in India and the west:

In the west, you have to bribe a govt. official to prevent him from doing his job.

In India, you have to bribe a govt. official to make him do his job!

Not so fast naughty spawn! I want you to know about
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic