• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Gif image not getting rendered properly

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello to all ranchers,

I am having a problem in properly rendering the gif image's bytes. Here is the description of what I am trying to do:

The user is given option of selecting a file to be shown on a JLabel using JFileChooser. Now when the application is restarted the same image should be shown. I am storing the bytes of the image in registry and then at next startup i am building Image object using the bytes retrieved from memory. The problem is when i select a gif image with dynamic content in it, it is being displayed properly but when I am retrieving this gif image it is shown static.
I hope my question is making sense. What can I do for this ? To make things clear for you I am posting the code:

[Rob] Added enters in the code [/Rob]
[ December 24, 2008: Message edited by: Rob Prime ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The problem is when i select a gif image with dynamic content in it, it is being displayed properly but when I am retrieving this gif image it is shown static
If the dynamic content is an animated gif then you may have to disassemble the images and save some location information for the reassembly. These two links have example code that may help you see some of the complexity.
reply 17
reply 1

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic