• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCEA Old Phasing out - Can we now discuss assignments of it over here ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Read from some other threads that the SCEA-old will not be available post 31st Dec 2008. In that case I feel its safe to assume that the assignents belonging to SCEA old are no more very private and can be discussed here in the forum.

With that - I feel that we should be able to post our actual problems and the solutions put. This would let us discuss what went wrong where and what went right where.

Personally speaking ... I dont understand why I lost points in SCEA-2 and would need the community's help to evaluate my assignment (Sun has already failed me twice .. one normal and second resubmission and they dont reply to my emails now :-( ) and tear my solution apart if it is bad.

I am sure many of us are in the same boat and would love to have a subjective analysis of assignments (instead of just scores) by the community here and with the phasing out of SCEA-old it should be possible.

Anyone agrees with me ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think this is not a good idea and would perhaps violate a non-disclosure agreement. I roughly remember that there was a rule like "all information is private and has to be kept confidentials" on the page before the assignment download page. But I'm not sure.

Further, most of the techniques of the "old" part II can be applied to the new one.

Just my two cents

Stefan

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'd also be inclined to say that discussing the prior SCEA is at best a violation of the spirit of the Ranch, and at worst a violation of the NDA that was agreed to when the examination was attempted.

The fact is, it's a slippery slope. Even if Sun doesn't use the former question again, there's a lot of issues related to discussion of real questions on now-retired exams (especially to how they might start cropping up in some new fashion on newer exams) that I'm sure no one really wants to start having to deal with.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic