• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

to view multiple pages of a file or document

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am developing a project of Learning management system where in presentation layer i need to view all pages of a file or document say a pdf file that contains chapters and each chapter contains some number of pages.so to view those pages in a frame ,by clicking next button and also previous button.i need code or design for the above.

the project is like online tutorial.i want to retrieve the document or file of extension .pdf,.doc,.rtf etc and view that pages of that document in a frame when the chapter button clicked.

so kindly help me .

my application page contains 5 frames where if i click the chapter name .i had to get the topics under chapter.when the topics are clicked i have to view their pages in first frame in that same frame next and previous button should be available and if i click next button i should show next page,like that it should go on.

for each page viewed their corresponding images , audio,video files should be shown in other four frames .say image frame,video frame,audio frame.

so kindly help me in this application.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The biggest difficulty I see is how to chop up documents into their individual pages. How that's done depends on the formats you need to support. With PDF it's relatively easy (the iText library has a built-in tool that can do that). DOC and RTF, on the other hand, have no indication which contents goes on which page.

Learning systems generally aren't based on document types like the ones you mention. Rather there's a structured knowledge base in plain text or XML files (or, more likely these days, in a CMS).

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic