• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

create method in B&S assignment

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dear ranchers,

Is my assumption regarding this is correct.We have to provide a GUI to enter the details such as name,location,specialties,rate,size,owner.

Since it has been mentioned that reusing a deleted entry i had assumed the following implementation

And when the user clicks on the "Create " button we must search for the already deleted record(marked withe the deleted flag) and then replace all those fields with the currently given fields.Is this correct?If there are any other assumptions please let me know

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
As far as i know it is not required to implement the UI for createRecord. If your requirement indicates that this implementation is must, you must provide the UI. Otherwise it would be an extra work and also you will not get any extra score for this implementation. I would suggest you to provide the implementation in your server for all methods defined in DBAccess interface. Your implementation will be helpful if anyone wants to provide the UI for other methods in future ;)

sat

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There are two ways to create a new record. The simply one is to add the new record (with the new record number) at the bottom of the database. The second one is to reuse the deleted record number. Check your SUN requirement, if it is not a must to reuse the deleted record, then the first solution is straightaway.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic