• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

The Effects of the Flu

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I don't tolerate the flu very well. When it kicks into a high gear, I feel like I am going to die any minute. But the real interesting effect of the flu was that of a psychological nature, not of a physiological one.

The flu has a humbling effect. You see, I am two millimeters close to solving the problem of world peace, as well as formulating a theory that bridges the gap between the quantum physics and relativity, which ultimately explains the origin and the nature of the Universe. Yet a single little god damn bacteria may kill me at any time, denying all the humanity the precious knowledge and setting the civilization back by a huge margin.

I am not upset, and I am not complaining about how irrational this situation is. I am just humbled.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by John Smith:

The flu has a humbling effect.

I am just humbled.

well,
seems flu can affect one's vocabulary and change the meaning of some words for him also..

- Ramy...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yet a single little god damn bacteria may kill me at any time, denying all the humanity the precious knowledge and setting the civilization back by a huge margin.

Don't eat sick chickens. You should cook chickens well. Then I think you won't be die based on Hong Kong's 97-98 experience.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think you just drink some hot water periodically after some time gap of say one hour.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yet a single little god damn bacteria may kill me at any time, denying all the humanity the precious knowledge and setting the civilization back by a huge margin.

Isn't that great? It adds a certain sparkle to life to know that it could be snubbed out at any time, and makes the achievements we have done all the more precious.

Perhaps if people were immortal they would never bother making the effort to invent stuff and innovate - they'd just say "I'll deal with it tomorrow" and never get around to it.

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I tend to have the solutions when I have the flu. Then when I get well, I either can't remember my solution, or realize that the solution is way off.

Mark

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic