• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JBoss in Action - Admin Interface Question

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm very new to JBoss (and Tomcat and Java and all that good stuff). I have a question about the administrative interface for JBoss. I was wondering how much of the configuration of JBoss is controlled through the editing of xml/configuration files vs configuration through a gui interface. Things like deployment, undeployment, removing and adding services, etc. Being new to all of this I would find a gui interface more manageable rather than having to work through various configuration files. Is the interface fairly intuitive? Or is there going to be a big learning curve for someone new to the whole Java and JBoss world?

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There were some previous posts about administrative consoles that you can use (though I personally haven't used them, so I can't vouch for them). But out of the box, most configuration is done through XML files and most deployment activities are done through the file system.

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Us old timers tend to edit XML config files, but you can use Embedded Jopr, which is the new administration console for JBoss AS. It lets you configure data sources, messages destinations, and deploy and undeploy applications. We cover it in the book in appendix B.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic