• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cleared SCJP 5.0 with 68%, should i worry bout my score though

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi JavaRanchers,

Today I cleared my SCJP 5.0 with 68%. I'm happy that i passed though i'm not sure if i should really be happy about my score.

If i can just take you through what happened today and basically how i've been preparing. I had first booked for the exam around June/July 2008 and have kept re-scheduling
as i felt i had not been ready as the exam date came closer and closer. I was preparing using the K&B Book and have gone through it twice. I was doing my best to keep a consistent study schedule but at times was just impossible due to work and other personal problems which affected my progress, so i would re-schedule the date to a later to give myself more time.

The dissadvantage of not studying consistently or rater on a continuous basis was that when i restart my studying and/or have to move on to Mock exams i would normally have forgotten the most of the material i studying so had to go back to refresh. The last time i rescheduled was in December 2008, when i rescheduled to a date in January 2009 (which is today, the 27 - I unfortunately discovered today in the morning when i had to go to work that I'm actually scheduled for an exam).

The funny part:
==========

I called the exam center to try my luck on again rescheduling, but unfortunately couldn't since it has to be at least 24Hrs in advance. I had many doubts whether to give it a shot, but i knew i wasn't prepared as i would like (in fact i just finished going through Chapter 1 of K&B yesterday, my plan was to go through the whole book again and then move on to Mock exams). I thought of how much I want the certificate and that If i fail i would go for the re-take, so I went, of course not expecting anything either than a Fail. To my suprise I passed with 68%. I'm happy

Should I keep worrying myself about the score? is it ideal to upgrade my marks?

I'm planning on going for SCWCD next. Should i go for it or upgrade first?

Thanks.

Regards,
Siphiwe Madi
SCJP 5.0

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
If i were you, i wouldn't about the score and move on to SCWCD. And i would post this in certification results forum.

Cheers,
Vinayak Bhat

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations !!!

Actually, I have gone through the 1st 5 months exactly as yours.
Only difference, I bought my voucher just last month.
So still have some time to go.............
Hope, in the end I too pass...........

Congratulations again

Siphiwe Madi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

Thanks hey and thanks to K & B, for a wonderful book. Got also much help from support from this site/forum.

Regards,
Siphiwe Madi
SCJP 5.0

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What is more important is to constantly and consciously apply what you had learnt.

Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats!

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic