• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Volunteer to Compare Java and C#?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi!

We need an unbiased comparison of Java and C# for a feature article. Would anyone with the time and experience like to volunteer?

Thanks!

town drunk
( and author)
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Jess: welcome to the 'Ranch. How about a collaboration article, written by two people: one a java guy, another a C# guy. I can probably speak to Java: and I'm sure that you'll be able to find someone to speak to .Net? Why don't you put me in touch with that person, s/he and I can come up with some basic topics for comparison (say, adaptability, cost, ramp time, efficiency, clarity, etc}, and we'll go from there?

btw, as one of the moderators here, I feel obligated to remind you that we encourage our member to please use names that are not obviously fictional. I'd like to invite you to introduce yourself and pull up a chair!
Or, at the very least, please change your display name to something I can't tell is fictional. We ask everyone to jump over the 'fool Max' bar: fortunately, it's not a high

-best,
M

Jessica Doe
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
"btw, as one of the moderators here, I feel obligated to remind you that we encourage our member to please use names that are not obviously fictional. I'd like to invite you to introduce yourself and pull up a chair!
Or, at the very least, please change your display name to something I can't tell is fictional."

Oh, you can just tell, eh? :roll: Check PeopleFinders--are they all fictional, too? I'd like an apology. I expect more from my Town Drunk.

Max Habibi
town drunk
( and author)
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Jessica Doe:
I expect more from my Town Drunk.

Holy moose! your name is really Jessica Doe? Well, Gee Whiz: I think I need to drink more: I knew this sobriety in-the-afternoon stuff was a mistake!

Seriously, welcome to the 'Ranch. You'll probably find a few people here who'll tease you about the C# thing: but I actually love having different backgrounds here. I'm looking forward to your contributions.

-best,
M

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think Thomas Paul can provide valuable inputs on C#.
[ March 23, 2006: Message edited by: Sameer Jamal ]

Trust God, but always tether your camel... to this tiny ad.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic