• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

XInclude and XPointer

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have an application which uses Xerces-J (2.9.0) to parse a large xml document which I'd like to split into several smaller files just to make it easier to manage. The main file looks like this:

Each of the included files is similar to the following:

The schema prevents me from including the entire inner file, as that would result in nested function-set elements, so I want to only include the "function" elements from each inner file. XPointer looks like it would be the answer to this, changing the main file to look something like:

... however according to the Xerces XInclude FAQ only the "element()" scheme is supported. Does this mean I can only reference specific individual elements from the included file, as opposed to the full range of functions? For example, the following works perfectly, but only includes the first function from PrivateFunctions.xml:

Any suggestions as to how to accomplish what I'm trying to do? Let me know if you have any questions / if I haven't explained the situation very well.

Thanks!

Gareth

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic