• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

New to Eclipse Plug-in

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Authors,
I have been using Eclipse for Java/J2EE Development.
Many a times while writing some code I strongly feel that there has to be some plug-in for doing that certain task.
I even thought about writing the same but then I could not find a approach which would tell me how to write the plug-in(with UI) from the scratch.
There are some good tutorials out there on internet but reading from a book is different experience. Is this something that I can find for in your book?

Regards,
Amit

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The 'Eclipse Plug-ins' book assumes that you are fairly proficient in Java, but no prior knowledge of Eclipse is necessary. Chapter 1 starts out introducing Eclipse from a user's stand point. Chapters 2 and 3 walk you through the process of building your first plug-in. Chapters 6, 7, 8 and beyond each introduce a new aspect of Eclipse API and incrementally enhance the "favorites" plug-in example started in Chapter 2. This is a very "hands on" book with lots of example code and a samples manager (http://www.qualityeclipse.com/) for loading each Chapter's sample code into your workspace for you to review and run.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic