• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

html checkbox tag and checkall javascript functionality results in undefined alert

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Here is my jsp page code that builds the jsp page.

It works perfectly and I can see all the corresponding records for a particular licenseename on the page.

Then I wrote a html check box tag to check all the records that correspond to the particular licensee name as below.

I wrote a javscript function that checks all the checkboxes for the records returned by the above tag and I get an undefined alert. I believe the event variable I am defining in my JS function is not getting any thing.

Author
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is a JavaScript question--not Struts.

While it's inappropriate to discuss this question here, there's nothing in the code you posted named "eventName", so you haven't provided enough information to help anyway.

sravani jetty
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
David,

Sorry, For some reason I was thinking that the value is not being returned because of struts error. after I made this post, I figured that the problem lies in the check_all function call without any parameters, in html check box struts tag.

Eventname is a property that is set in actionform.

Thanks for your quick response and if you have the moderator rights, please feel free to move this to the javascript forums

Don't destroy the earth! That's where I keep all my stuff! Including this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic