• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Jquery Question(about there UI thing)

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

I am looking at the Jquery UI thing(UI) and its sweet but when I go through the builder it builds every option I want into one big file.

I rather download the core then download each of the features separately. Like for instance if I want the tabs. Then I just want the .css style, tabs.js file and the core.js file.

Not just one big .js file. Since maybe I might want to add another feature later on and I rather not have to go back and recheck everything and who knows if the stuff might have changed or what not.

I rather just have them in separate files so where can I get that?

I remember like a month ago this is how it would do it but now it is all in one big file.

Thanks

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You probably would get a better answer asking it on the JQuery UI Mailing list.

What is your reasoning to have them all in small files?

Eric

Michael Hubele
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Eric Pascarello wrote:You probably would get a better answer asking it on the JQuery UI Mailing list.

What is your reasoning to have them all in small files?

Eric

Well right now I don't know what features I am going to use. Like right now I see I am using tabs maybe later I might add some more. This could be weeks away depending on how much time I have. If they change something to the tabs it could break something on my site then I would have to redue it again. Usually when I use something I like to keep the same version that I am using. Like if it works why bother going to the next version and dealing with possible issues.

If I am reducing the whole site or something then ya but when smaller files I can just add them as I go along and if they updated something new in say the tabs one that was not there before well I don't have to deal with it.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic