• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

pop up on the same page - web flow

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am new to Spring Web flow (and Spring in general).

I have a page where i can select a name from a drop down (search criteria)
there is a button which on clicking invokes another action which displays the results in another page.
Now even if there are no results for the name selected in the drop down, my application opens up the other page which i don't want.

I was thinking of the following approach -

I add a decision state after search -> check the size of the result object -> if size >0 transition to the other page. If size=0 i stay on the same page and display a pop up on the same page.

Now I don't want to display the pop up in another page. rather stay on the same page.

I tried adding transition to the same page page if size=0 , this gives a stack overflow exception. Also I am afraid I'll lose the chosen search criteria in this case.

I am not sure if i can return to the same state, have some variable/ flag set with displays a JavaScript pop up the if i return to this page.

I think I am thinking on the lines of Struts, JSP, JavaScript flow which might not be possible with Web flow.

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.
Him

PS: I am sorry for the loong post:(

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic