• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Jboss Seam deployment on other Application Servers

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
This question is to the authors, I know that Seam can be "tweaked" to run on other Application Servers. But I have been skeptical to try this because they consist on a lot of Steps, Is there going to be a time when i can just have Different ant build files that can be used to deploy on different Application servers as we currently have for just Jboss Application Server

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Seam will run on application servers like GlassFish, Weblogic with ease.. Infact i found it more difficult to deploy my Maven based SEAM project on JBoss (the reason being JBoss ships with its own Hibernate implementation version in lib folder and i had to do some clean up).

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Is there going to be a time when i can just have Different ant build files that can be used to deploy on different Application servers as we currently have for just Jboss Application Server

Actually, you could accomplish this right now by taking a look at the jpa example that ships with Seam. With a single Ant build, it can create an archive deployable to: Glassfish, JBoss, Tomcat, and Websphere

I'm actually quite a Maven fan, so I've done this in the past through the use of profiles. You can swap provided vs. run-time dependencies based on the profile specified.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic