• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

India ==> Driving in the night on Highways

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I did Agra to Jaipur & Jaipur to Delhi last week.

There are so many risk factors in driving in the night. Lot of lorries(similar to half the size of so called 18 wheelers). They should ban slow 2 wheelers & tractors that go 20km/hour from the national highways.

We had a driver, i almost died about 50 times in those 2 drives.
[ October 19, 2006: Message edited by: Kishore Dandu ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Oh don't get me started on this! If you are not used to Indian traffic, but are bold and a bit reckless, you might be able to get from A to B during the day time on Indian roads, but night time driving is just suicide!!

I tried it a few times and not a single person out there seems to know or care to use low beam! The larger trucks with their dozens of lights just drive on leaving everyone else almost blind. I was told the technique is to stick right behind a larger vehicle so that you wouldn't be blinded by the oncoming traffic. Well, I gave up when someone pulled right in front me causing me to severe and scrape the dividers; they still made contact and pulled a side panel of my car! Pardon my French but its f*cking lunacy!!

A teeny tiny vulgar attempt to get you to buy our stuff
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic