• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Safari, Frames, and localhost...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Does Safari not allow frames to link to your local host? The following frame snipit works fine in Firefox and IE, but then doesn't make the call for the frame in Safari.

But if I replace the src to http://google.com, it loads google...

It is also not loading the frame contents when the pages are moved up to the server. Though, there javascript then sets the src of the frame on the page load. (It works perfect in IE and Firefox.)

What am I doing wrong for Safari? Why does it not load my page, but loads google's perfectly fine?

Edit:
I just downloaded Safari 4 for Windows XP, which I now see is 'beta'. I'll try it on Safari 3 and report back...

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You actually test Safari on Windows? Do not think that Safari on windows acts like Safari on a Mac.

Eric

Aron Daburn
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is just to work with locally. I will be doing final testing on a Mac.

OK, working with Safari 3 for Windows XP, *most* of the frame issues work. However, there is a rather odd behavior happening.

This code snipit does not display the frame's contents:

But this does:

The only difference is I threw in some | characters around the frameset to determine where in the page the frame was at, and then it works!? I did a double take and removed them, didn't work. Added them back, worked... what gives?
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic