• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

captcha image

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
i had developed a registeration application where i used captcha image for secuity code image . i stuck up with validation for the strings in that image to my text box i had enter.can anyone tell me how to do validation using javascript in that?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You want to validate a captcha with a client side language? That captcha would be fairly worthless then.

Just submit form to server side the usual way and use Java to validate it. Read the documentation which come along the captcha API in question.

shyamkumar bopannachengalaiah
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Bauke Scholtz wrote:You want to validate a captcha with a client side language? That captcha would be fairly worthless then.

Just submit form to server side the usual way and use Java to validate it. Read the documentation which come along the captcha API in question.

Is there any other security code image apart from captcha image?since i am struggling with captcha image.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

shyamkumar bopannachengalaiah wrote:Is there any other security code image apart from captcha image?since i am struggling with captcha image.

You haven't said what the problem is with the captcha yet. What Java code do you have so far in your servlet/JSP?

Bauke Scholtz
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Security is to be validated at the server side, period.
Captcha is just a security technique. That you're using it the wrong way, doesn't make it a bad solution.

As said, just submit the form to the server, let the server validate the captcha and take action accordingly.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic