• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Has traffic on this site declined in recent months?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Question for the owners of this site: has the traffic on this site declined since Sun started talking with IBM/Oracle?

Trailboss
IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When was that - about a month ago?

Hmmmm ... checking ....

Our stats are broken up between static pages, wiki and the forums.

Looking at the forums ... We were seeing a steady growth trend peaking on March 18th 80,761 visitors for the day. Which had a bizarre spike compared to the rest of the week. March 19th, for example, had 75,295 visitors.

And then there has been some decline. This week's peak was on tuesday with 64,826 visitors.

I was thinking it had more to do with how google spiders our new forum software. We're set up .... different - so I think google doesn't care for it as much as our old software.

Frankey James
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

paul wheaton wrote:When was that - about a month ago?

Hmmmm ... checking ....

Our stats are broken up between static pages, wiki and the forums.

Looking at the forums ... We were seeing a steady growth trend peaking on March 18th 80,761 visitors for the day. Which had a bizarre spike compared to the rest of the week. March 19th, for example, had 75,295 visitors.

And then there has been some decline. This week's peak was on tuesday with 64,826 visitors.

I was thinking it had more to do with how google spiders our new forum software. We're set up .... different - so I think google doesn't care for it as much as our old software.

Hmmmm... Thanks for the response. I know some people have been talking about whether or not to pursue Java certifications and thought maybe there might be a decline in interest - at least until the dust settles around Sun. Of course the forum isn't justed used by people pursuing Java certifications, so maybe it would be too hard to tell even if there was a decline.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic