• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

mock exam score query

Ranch Hand
Google Web Toolkit Hibernate Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hello everyone.i have decided to write the scjp 5 exam in mid june and have started doing mock tests.
today i solved the diagnostic test of devaka's examlab and got 59% i.e. fail.its quite dissappointing but since i have one month ahead to improve myself that's why i have decided to go through k & b again and will try to do as much mock test as possible.i have purchased whizlab's and enthuware's simulators.

so to judge myself i request all of you to post your score if you have done mock tests of whizlab's,enthuware,examlab,inquisition,k&b master exam or anyother mocktest engine and your scjp score too.

it will certainly boost up my confidence and will help me strengthen my weak areas.

thanks in advance

avi sinha

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Avi,

I would not get discouraged. That's actually not a bad score for Devaka's ExamLab. I got a 73% in the diagnostic test. You should get around 20 points higher scores in most other mocks. And 1 month is plenty of time to improve on your knowledge.

Good luck with it!

Ranch Hand
Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Don't think about exam score, the main point is that you can try to understand each and every concept in java and do a lot of practice on java coding.
knowledge is more important than score.
try maximum mock exams. see scjp faq on javaranch

Ruben Soto
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I agree with Ninad about knowledge being more important than score. That being said, Ninad, why do you have your exam score in your signature?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

I failed big time in K&b and inquisition about a month before I took the exam.... And I remb scoring less than 60% in both... Then took about enthuware tests some 5 of them, about a week before the exam and it was about 70 -80% ...
The actual exam was a lot easier and I made 87%

Tips:
Both K&B and inquisition (i donno about Devaka) are pretty tough and such exams you can use primarily to develop a good eye for the 'traps'.

Enthuware exams cover ground. Those exams can be used to assess yourself and revise the whole syllabus.
And after each test that you take up, spend time researching thro the docs, on the questions you got wrong.
Also try short programs on places where you went wrong.

I got a 100% in Generics, multithreading and IO and those were the chapters I remb, I had read and done a lot of questions on. So more you work on a chapter, the more you are gonna get.

For generics, I so much liked the pdfs from javabeat.net Those are tough and a little beyond the syllabus but I guess that is required to make you feel confident and at ease in the actual exam.

Regards,
Vishwa

avi sinha
Ranch Hand
Google Web Toolkit Hibernate Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Vishwanath Murthi wrote:

For generics, I so much liked the pdfs from javabeat.net Those are tough and a little beyond the syllabus but I guess that is required to make you feel confident and at ease in the actual exam.

can you please post the link of those materials.

thanks
avi

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why are you not going for SCJP 6? I think it would be more be more beneficial as an exam upgrade and as far as knowledge is concerned you are going to gain it anyhow from any exam!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
In my experience the ExamLab mocks are much trickier than the real exam. I scored only around 50-60% on them as I was studying, and the day before the real exam only 45% (!) on ExamLab (SCJP6) final exam. I got 83% on the real exam.

Vishwanath Krishnamurthi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

You can try the samples here and buy from there.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hello..guys i am planning 2 take SCJP 6 exam sumtym in june.I have bought the K&B book fr SCJP6..what do i need to do once I am done with it?Do i need to enroll myself for some mock exams??
Thanks in advance!

If you're gonna buy things, buy this thing and I get a fat kickback:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic