• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

drag and drop feature for portlets

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Does Weblogic Portal Server provide drag and drop feature for portlets after portal is rendered something like http://www.google.com/ig

If not, what's are the ways to achieve that?

Thanks.

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The drag and drop stuff tends to use alot of JavaScripting.

I know WebSphere 6 came out with alot of support for that stuff, but I'm not sure about WebLogic.

One way to do it, but not rely on any one specific vendors implementation is to use the Google Web Toolkit APIs for dragging and dropping and embed them in a portlet. It's some pretty slick code, and not too difficult to master.

-Cameron McKenzie

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
WebSphere Process Server introduced something like iGoogle, called Business Space.

Business Space it is like a portal engine but not so powerful. The portlets are named widgets. Also Google widgets can be installed on Business Space.

Anyway, looks like some useful stuffs is getting those who have to play with WebSphere Process Server. There are about 40-60 widgets designed and already implemented for Process Management and Monitoring.
With this addings users of WPS is getting a more usable process szerver environment. At least it helps software designers to use processes in a more natural fashion. Until now I couldn't seen an intelligently customised software solutions with processes. Maybe we get stuck in J2EE a little bit more than should be.

I think it is really worst looking into...

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is regarding the problem of drag and drop of portlets.

We have just migrated to WPS 6.0 from WPS 5.1 so with all our old customized themes and skins.

Now we wish to have the feature Drag and drop in our customized(migrated) themes and skins.
So far I have made the changes in Control.jsp of our skins and now portlets can be dragged, but we are unable to find out the way how to make them droppable? We are not getting where to define drop targets whether in themes or skins?

I have also copied UnlayeredContainer-H.jsp and UnlayeredContainer-V.jsp of IBM skin and pasted them inside my skin folder. But of no use

can anyone tell me what is being missed by me?

Thanks.

Greenhorn
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

ankur rathi wrote:Does Weblogic Portal Server provide drag and drop feature for portlets after portal is rendered something like http://www.google.com/ig

Thanks.

Yes we can achieve it with weblogic. Try the dvt sample provided with the weblogic portals

Thanks,
Vinod

ankur rathi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Vinod Kumar Kashyap wrote:

ankur rathi wrote:Does Weblogic Portal Server provide drag and drop feature for portlets after portal is rendered something like http://www.google.com/ig

Thanks.

Yes we can achieve it with weblogic. Try the dvt sample provided with the weblogic portals

Thanks,
Vinod

Vinod, The DVT is not supported in production environment.

ankur rathi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
And with Visitor Tools, you can add/delete portlets from a page but you can't drag & drop them...

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic