• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Ant build error

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
While doing an ant build on weblogic 10, the following error is encountered:

Now, at build.xml, line 553:

Whole day I have worked on this but I can't think on this anymore. Can someone please help? Any suggestions/thoughts much needed!!

Thanks,

Aditya

Aditya Kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Since no one has replied to my question, it probably means, among others things, one of these two:

1. My question is really stupid to warrant an answer.
2. My question is too sophisticated for a straightforward answer.

In any case - I am still stuck with this issue. If there is any more information that I could give here, please let me know!

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Aditya Kumar wrote:Since no one has replied to my question, it probably means, among others things, one of these two:

1. My question is really stupid to warrant an answer.
2. My question is too sophisticated for a straightforward answer.

In any case - I am still stuck with this issue. If there is any more information that I could give here, please let me know!

Or it could mean be patient. Under the best of circumstances, not everyone sees posts for 24 hours due to time zones. In this case, you posted 30 minutes before the business day ends in the East Coast of the US on a Friday. There's a good chance not everyone will see it until Monday.

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's likely a classpath problem. If you add the following statement to your build file does the jar containing DebugLogger show up in it?

Aditya Kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If I use it is simply displaying the string "${weblogic.jar.classpath}. I am not sure what is happening.

But here's the thing. It is weblogic.jar file which has the class weblogic.wsee.tools.anttasks.JwscTask and also the package weblogic.diagnostics.debug -- BUT when I open the weblogic.jar file, in the diagnostics.debug package I do not see the DebugLogger.class file.

Chances are less but could it be a problem with weblogic.jar? But then again, I have not modified the jar file. Its just as it was shipped with weblogic 10.3 integration.

Thanks!

author
Mac OS X Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If that echo is not displaying an actual path, it means that weblogic.jar.classpath property is not being set correctly. Since it's weblogic.jar.classpath property that you're referring to in your call, it's not going to be able to find the class it needs. You'll need to investigate why weblogic.jar.classpath isn't being set.

Aditya Kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I did a verbose with the ant command and this is the error:

I don't really understand. The package weblogic.diagnostics.debug is present in Weblogic.jar but I don't see a DebugLogger.class inside the jar file. Could it be that the problem is with the jar file?

Martijn Verburg
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It is possible yes, I think it you type in the full packagename.classname in Google a couple of useful "What jar does this live in" search sites pop up.

Aditya Kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This may be of help to someone -- I had posted this problem at oracle.com too and I have come to know that the actual JAR for debugLogger is com.bea.core.logging_1.4.0.0.jar.

This, along with other jars, is already a part of Wli 10.3 modules so it is strange that the ant complaints about it...

I should also point out that this problem is only coming when I am trying to do a manual ant build (from command prompt, after running commenv.cmd) in Windows XP. If I create a EAR from within Weblogic (through File->Export->Other->Ear File with JSP Pre-compilation"), I am not getting this problem and the application is deployed without issues. I would also be trying this on *nix though I don't expect it to be a smooth sailing affair

Thank you for your comments. More welcome! This issue is still unresolved.

- Aditya

Martijn Verburg
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Martijn Verburg wrote:If that echo is not displaying an actual path, it means that weblogic.jar.classpath property is not being set correctly. Since it's weblogic.jar.classpath property that you're referring to in your call, it's not going to be able to find the class it needs. You'll need to investigate why weblogic.jar.classpath isn't being set.

I think you still need to resolve this.

Aditya Kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I think you still need to resolve this.

I second to that Martijn. I am trying to do more analysis on this.

One doubt though. If weblogic.jar.classpath is not set, how can ant find its way to Weblogic.jar at that point? We know for sure that it is calling weblogic.jar's jwsctask class at that point, isn't it? I am just curious.

I am (relatively) new to Ant on command line. I won't be surprised if I may be sounding stupid anywhere.

Thanks!

Aditya

Martijn Verburg
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ant itself is running with a CLASSPATH that must have the task definition in it. However the call you are trying to make requires a CLASSPATH, at the moment you're providing it an empty one.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I got the same error message and the problem is because it is missing a dependency jar used by weblogic.jar, wlclient.jar and wlthint3client.jar. Just add it to your classpath.

for jdk 6 and above...

<path id="weblogic.class.path">
<fileset dir="${weblogic.dir}">
<include name="*.jar"/>
</fileset>
</path>

put the var ${weblogic.dir} = your folder lib where are the weblogic jars

BTW, with this same error mybe another like with clientgen for that place the calsspath like

<clientgen wsdl="${schemas}/........"
....... other properties.......
classpath="${weblogic.dir}/weblogic.jar"
/>

Hope this could be helpful and good luck!

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
"yeah whatever" please see your private messages regarding an important administrative matter

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic