• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Value for SCEA ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Friends,

I understand we are all really working/worked hard to get the SCEA certification for all the 3 levels. But after passing this how are we going to market this to improve career or our salary ?

After becoming an SCEA what are all our options ? Can we try some big companies like IBM or SUN (ORACLE) ?

I still hear some of my co-workers saying this is all waste of time and why do we need this certifications ? But from my perspective i learned a lot and it gave me an idea of how i should architect an application and also how to solve the design problems.

Did any of you get recognized for this SCEA certification? Please share your experience. I understand the economy is bad but people still get good jobs. So please advise.

Thanks
Karthi

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I find that it carries alot of clout in the job interview. Just one more thing to put you above the competition.

-Cameron McKenzie

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
After I got my SCEA, I then moved to PHP, Adobe Flex and iPhone development!

Seriously, I still spend majority of my time working in Java (part of my time is spent on the things mentioned above) but the company I work for is relatively small and they don't care what credentials you have as long as get the job done.

For now, my SCEA is just a line in my blog which somehow adds a little "authority" to the things I say in it.

Even if it has little value in itself in my career, I still think that taking SCEA is a good learning experience.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
SCEA is probably the easiest architecture certification to get, don't rely on it too much.

Yeast devil! Back to the oven that baked you! And take this tiny ad too:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic