• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Java Web Start and "cache corrupted"

Bartender
IBM DB2 Netbeans IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,

we're using currently Java Web Start to deploy application to our client's host PCs, and, most important, updates.
Anyway, we're experiencing sometimes problems due to the fact users report to us error like "Unable to launch application",
and if we look at the complete exception, we see that JWS can't find some jar, or is missing something, in the
C:\Documents And Settings\profile etc folder. It seems like if after a certain number of "close and reopen" application
cycles, the cache gets corrupted.

The problem is that this issue happens even for applications we're not updating any more. These apps do not use
native library nor particularly large jar files: approximately, the full apps is no more than 6 mbytes, and, because
there's nothing to update, I'd expect that an application starting yesterday should start even today...

Did any of you experienced the same ?

Thank you !

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Yes, I just posted a topic asking about it. Did you ever fix it? This happens so often to our players.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic