• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

value of scjp

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey Friends

What is the value of SCJP in today's market

I mean, do freshers get a job if they have SCJP certificate

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Aneesh Kamble wrote:Hey Friends

What is the value of SCJP in today's market

I mean, do freshers get a job if they have SCJP certificate

Hello and welcome to javaranch. I do not understand how you are valuing the SCJP exam. The exam is important and the certificate comes after you achieve the goal of the exam.....to learn java. I think in no company,if you hold a SCJP certificate, will refrain from asking you questions related to java, just as you have a Sun certificate. I hope you get my point. If you think you know java then take the exam and rest will become easy for you

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well, If I am the person in charge of hiring for my company, I would choose the applicant with SCJP of course, it proves your skills in an internationally standard examination. For me, it is just like hiring an Engineer, you wouldn't hire an Engineer who didn't passed the board exams wouldn't you..

Regards,

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Joshua Ebarvia wrote:Well, If I am the person in charge of hiring for my company, I would choose the applicant with SCJP of course, it proves your skills in an internationally standard examination. For me, it is just like hiring an Engineer, you wouldn't hire an Engineer who didn't passed the board exams wouldn't you..

Regards,

On the contrary there are also people that give certifications zero weight. Then again a certification can never do you any harm (unless you cheat)

Aneesh Kamble
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thank you, joshua, sudipto

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't think that it serves as the ONLY factor and it really shouldn't be. Being able to pass a test in one's own language does NOT make one an exceptional or even decent author. Knowing the Java language is one thing. Being able to create a good object oriented design is another thing. I think that if you prove that you hold the SCJP certification I would maybe ask a couple of questions on the language but then move on to assess the person's ability to develop/design code. I think that it would provide a little more assurance that the individual knows the ins and outs of the language.

After some pecan pie, you might want to cleanse your palatte with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic