• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

useBean not creating EJBs in JSP for WL 9.2

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I am working on a web-based application (JSP/EJB (Entity Beans)) hosted on WebLogic 9.2. Now the server is running on a separate machine which is member of a 'workgroup' (and not in the domain/network like other machines at work). This server has a dynamic IP. Oracle is being used at the database.

Now when I try to access the application from another machine from a network then I can view the login page. I can even login in. But then if I click on any links inside of my application I am logged-out of my machine. I then debugged this and found out that some java classes are not being initialized and placed into the session object due to which my code is logging me out of the application.

I am instantiating some java classes in the JSP through the 'useBean' tag. e.g.

<jsp:useBean id="commonWeb" class="abc.web.common.CommonWeb" scope="session"></jsp:useBean>

My code expects this object to be created and if not found throws the user out. There are no other errors or exception anywhere.

Having said this, I access this machine in following two ways:

http://server_host_name:7001/war_name

and

http://server_ip:7001/war_name

This problem ONLY occurs if I access it through the host_name. If I use IP, the second option, then everything works fine (objects are created, links work fine etc.)

What can be the issue? Is there some security setting in WebLogic? Is it even a WebLogic problem at all? Maybe it is something related to Workgroup (the WL server) and the Domain from which we are access it is causing this issue (domain trusts etc.)???

My structure of the application is:

application.EAR (this is deployed and consists of the following)
-war1.war
-war2.war
-war3.war
-war4.war
-ejb.jar
-application.xml
-manifest.mf

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NOTE: cross posted at:
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5396444

Haq Yunus
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This problem persists even if I bring the machine, on which the weblogic is running, into the main network (from which clients are accessing it.)

Also, I cannot login into the administration console of weblogic if I access it through the hostname-based url. With ip-based url it workds fine. is it something related to 'j_security_check' auth method failing???

Please advise. Thanks.

Haq Yunus
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It got even weirder. The hostname and IP URL both work fine in Firefox but the hostname URL in IP doesn't work in IE. As explain earlier, I cannot even login the WebLogic admin console. Please help. Thanks.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic