• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Testing JEE application

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am presently using junit to test my POJO classes. I wanted to know which are the best ways to test other components of a JEE application like servlets, jsp, ejb. Also are there any other frameworks which are used to test a web app?

I was not sure in which forum to submit this question , so I am sorry if this is the wrong place.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Andy,
We actually have a forum just for testing questions. I'll move this for you. It'll be easy to find as the original location will link to the new one for you.

[edited to add missing word]

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

andy kumar wrote: I wanted to know which are the best ways to test other components of a JEE application like servlets, jsp, ejb.

andy kumar wrote:Also are there any other frameworks which are used to test a web app?

Yes - they extend JUnit. You need to decide whether you want to test from a real web browser. If so, Selenium Remote Control lets you write programmatic tests that will run in your real browser. If not, a library like jWebUnit can provide a "pretend" browser. You could also use a library like Canoo or Cactus.

I think the most important thing to do is make sure you decouple your logic from the web parts so you can test it independently (and faster.)

andy kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you for the response.
I think I want to test from a real web browser, so I guess I will start with Selenium Remote Control.

Thanks
Andy

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic