• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Suggestions for Ranch Office Members

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Ranchers,

I am very grateful to you all for taking pains and maintaining this site. It is a very profound, good and noble work to serve Java Community. I am very happy to be an proud rancher for sometime now and have one suggestion : Would it not be an good idea if we create a forums under job discussion which would give information about different Industry Sectors where Java Application are prevalent like Financial Industry, Pharma Industry, Health Care Industry and in that forum we can discuss about the types of Projects we have in each of the particular domain and in addition to Java knowledge if people who are working in particular industry can explain their experience of java development in that particular industry for example, java development in financial industry v/s java development in health care industry etc.

By having this kind of domain what will happen is that in addition to the Java knowledge we would also be able to gain Domain knowlegde and I guess it would be very helpful to every individuals.

If suggestions clicks than it would be bingo and if it does not motivates than also it is perfect but I just wanted to share my bit with you ranchers.

Thank you for all your support in maintaining such a beautiful and informative site.

Cheers...

author and iconoclast
Mac OS X Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks, we're glad you're enjoying your time at the Ranch.

Your suggestion really doesn't sound like the basis for separate forums, but rather just for a series of threads. You might consider starting such a thread yourself by posting a question in Jobs Discussion like "Can anyone working in IT in the financial sector please explain something about your job duties, projects, and such to us?" Then if you're lucky, someone might reply!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic