• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

sun-jaxws.xml descriptor file

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am using Ivan's notes and am trying to do the jax-ws implementations.
I am using Glassfish 2.1 in eclipse.
Anybody knows why I need to use thje sun-jaxws.xml file to get the service up and running?

The web.xml and the sun-web.xml do not seem to be enuf..

Thank you,
Angeline

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
I also used Ivan's notes and found that it simply would not work without the sun-jaxws.xml deployment descriptor.
This file is Metro's (the web service stack) own deployment descriptor, as can be read on this page: https://metro.dev.java.net/guide/Deploying_Metro_endpoint.html
After having read this quote, I get the feeling it may be some kind of remains from the JAX-RPC days:

The JAX-WS stack expects the sun-jaxws.xml file rather than the jaxrpc-ri.xml file. Most of the contents in the new xml file is same as that of the older file. There is no need or equivalent to wsdeploy. So if you have used wsdeploy , it would generate the jaxrpc-ri-runtime.xml, use this file as it would have most of the information to populate the sun-jaxws.xml

A guess is that this deployment descriptor came into being before JSR109 was final, but this is just a wild guess.
Apart from this, I haven't come up with anything better. Digging around in the Metro code would help, but I am too lazy. :-)
Best wishes!

Angeline G Fernando
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ivan,

Thanks..I am starting with web services and wading thru it.. Your notes and Monson-Haefel are what I am working with for SCDJWS5..
Was wondering if I was going back to rpc by using this deployment file..
Thanks for clearing that up

Ivan Krizsan wrote:Hi!
I also used Ivan's notes and found that it simply would not work without the sun-jaxws.xml deployment descriptor.
This file is Metro's (the web service stack) own deployment descriptor, as can be read on this page: https://metro.dev.java.net/guide/Deploying_Metro_endpoint.html
After having read this quote, I get the feeling it may be some kind of remains from the JAX-RPC days:

The JAX-WS stack expects the sun-jaxws.xml file rather than the jaxrpc-ri.xml file. Most of the contents in the new xml file is same as that of the older file. There is no need or equivalent to wsdeploy. So if you have used wsdeploy , it would generate the jaxrpc-ri-runtime.xml, use this file as it would have most of the information to populate the sun-jaxws.xml

A guess is that this deployment descriptor came into being before JSR109 was final, but this is just a wild guess.
Apart from this, I haven't come up with anything better. Digging around in the Metro code would help, but I am too lazy. :-)
Best wishes!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic