• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem using jsse.jar

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am trying to implement some sample java code that uses com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider() to achieve SSO to live@edu. I have jre6 and am using Eclipse as an editor. I am receiving the following compile error:

Access restriction: The type Provider is not accessible due to restriction on required library

I realize that I can change the setting in Eclipse to make this a warning rather than an error, but will that really get me past the problem? Why is the "Provider" class restricted?

Can someone explain why I can see the class inside jsse.jar, but I'm not allowed to use it? Is there a way to remove the restriction? One of my coworkers is experiencing a similar problem with another security jar file (jce.jar). I've never encountered this type of problem before and would like to understand more about it if anyone can explain.

Thanks,
Ginny

Rancher
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to JavaRanch.

The JSSE and JCE APIs (and their associated classes) are both integral parts of Java 6 (and Java 5 before that). Why are you using those separate jar files? Have you tried it without them?

Ginny Richards
Greenhorn
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I was attempting to use the sample code as I received it. I will take your suggestion and try it without using the separate jar files.

Thanks for the quick response and advice!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I'm having the same problem. Are you able to resolve the issue of "Access restriction: The constructor Provider() is not accessible due to restriction on required library "?

Why is the word "abbreviation" so long? And this ad is so short?
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic