• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problm in Weblogic Classpath

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
In our application we have jacorb.jar in classpath.Some of the classes are colliding with rt.jar and if i run my application from outside by providing my jar in classpath the collided classes have been taken from rt.jar and out application is working fine.

When we start our application with in Weblogic it is not taking rt.jar first it is taking jacorb.jar only.

Can any one give me a solution where i can point rt.jar as the first jar to take classes from in weblogic(We tried Adding rt.jar into Xbootclasspath and adding rt.jar to classpath in weblogic it didnt worked)

Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Are you using Weblogic 10.0? There is (or was) a known problem with the server using it's own classes instead of the application's, even when the deployment descriptor specified to prefer the "local" class. We moved to 10.3 after I found that "feature", so I don't know if it was ever fixed.

VidyaVikas Yalamanchili
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Joe Ess wrote:Are you using Weblogic 10.0? There is (or was) a known problem with the server using it's own classes instead of the application's, even when the deployment descriptor specified to prefer the "local" class. We moved to 10.3 after I found that "feature", so I don't know if it was ever fixed.

Yup we are using Weblogic 10MP1 but here the issue is instead of taking the class from jre it is taking from application.

I can't take it! You are too smart for me! Here is the tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic