• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Hibernate Made Easy by Cameron McKenzie

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Is there a pdf file of "Hibernate Made Easy" available to be purchased online. I tried buying it from Amazon..looks like there is no pdf version of it provided. Thanks.

author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The book is currently only available in print format. I'm sure you'll find the tactile experience of leafing through the book to be very enjoyable!

-Cameron McKenzie

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Any chance we will see an updated version of this book for Hibernate 3?

Cameron Wallace McKenzie
author and cow tipper
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It certainly covers Hibernate 3! I believe it's 3.2.3 that it covers. A new version covering JPA 2.0 and Hibernate 3.5 is a few months away.

Jeff Carbello
Greenhorn
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Cameron Wallace McKenzie wrote:It certainly covers Hibernate 3! I believe it's 3.2.3 that it covers. A new version covering JPA 2.0 and Hibernate 3.5 is a few months away.

Ok, just checking because Amazon product description indicates book was last printed version of April 2008, well before Hibernate 3.

And then user comment as of Aug 2010 states - "The BAD, unfortunatly with newer June 2010 hibernate3 and eclipse 3.6 releases, your really going to suffer a painful learning curve if you try the code examples in the book to work with the latest of these products. Additionally, a download site for the code would be nice. "

So want to make sure before I buy that the code examples in the book cover Hibernate 3.

Can you comment on when the book was last updated, that is, if I order from Amazon, what print date do I get.

I understand you supply the code files via email. Also there were some amazon comments indicating the need to separate code by chapters and use Eclipse libraries to make the task of running the code easier. Has the latest code been reorganized or updated in a manner that does make it easier to get going with the examples?

Also $48 for a book even technical is pretty high, not that this book is not worth that price, but it seems offering an eBook version you would be able to lower the cost of the book by $10 and I could then read it on the train during my commute instead of lugging around a book and a laptop. I love being able to have all my technical books at reference on my laptop. Please give this consideration.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
where do i post book errata?
in page 274 "Mapping one Class to Two Tables" in which he primary table is foo and secondary table is bar . but in page 277 the primary table is bar and secondary table is foo and in example the primary table is bar and secondary table is foo.

I can't take it! You are too smart for me! Here is the tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic