• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Information needed urgently !!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi ,

I took my SCJP 5.0 exam last week and i got only 55 % . I followed Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates book . I got very less marks in my fundamentals part , because the questions were very tricky and vague to me . I kindly welcome any valuable suggestions for my improvement .....

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Write lots and lots of code. Nothing practises more than that. On top of that, do plenty of mock exams, but don't take them 10 times because you will remember the answers and only cheat yourself.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Sebastian Janisch wrote:Write lots and lots of code. Nothing practises more than that. On top of that, do plenty of mock exams, but don't take them 10 times because you will remember the answers and only cheat yourself.

Sridevi,
Sebastian is right; take plenty of mock exams and re-write, re-type and complie plenty of code. The K&B SCJP Book only prepares you for the exam part of the way. The rest is up to you. You should download mock exam software like examlab, which you'll find if you search the forums.

Ranch Hand
Google Web Toolkit Hibernate Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
if you are lagging in fundamentals part then then something is seriously wrong with your concept regarding those topics.you should do a lot of programs to support your concept.
my experiance :

never use any ide while doing your programs coz there are a lot of things which should be done by you not by your ide (must in classpath,jar & related topics)

avi sinha

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Going through the specs would help you get the fundamentals correctly. This would help you get past some tricky questions.Mock tests, writing lots of code, reading different books and of course following the forums are definitely required for sailing through the certification tests

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic