• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Any help on weblogic.socket.UnrecoverableConnectException?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I have a standalone JMS client that needs to get messages from a Topic (WebLogic 8.1 server) and save the messages in files locally.

However, when I am trying to get the InitialContext, I get the following error. I searched for this error on the web and because there are not many responses, I am having to turn to this forum.

Any response is appreciated.

Please not that:
1. I can telnet the PROVIDER_URL (t3://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx)
2. I have put weblogic.jar in the classpath.
3. I am using Java 1.4.2
4. I am using WebLogic server v8.1

Thanks and Regards,
-A
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is weblogic.socket.UnrecoverableConnectException: [Login failed for an unknown reason:]]
at weblogic.jndi.internal.ExceptionTranslator.toNamingException(ExceptionTranslator.java:47)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.toNamingException(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:636)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:306)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:239)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:135)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
at com.asd.lan.adapter.outbound.jms.OutboundServiceSubscriber.getInitialContext(OutboundServiceSubscriber.java:237)
at com.asd.lan.adapter.outbound.jms.OutboundServiceSubscriber.connect(OutboundServiceSubscriber.java:281)
at com.asd.lan.adapter.outbound.jms.OutboundServiceSubscriber.main(OutboundServiceSubscriber.java:173)
Caused by: weblogic.socket.UnrecoverableConnectException: [Login failed for an unknown reason:]
at weblogic.socket.Login.checkLoginSuccess(Login.java:126)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.connect(T3JVMConnection.java:478)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.createConnection(T3JVMConnection.java:502)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.createConnection(ConnectionManager.java:1769)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.findOrCreateConnection(ConnectionManager.java:1295)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.bootstrap(ConnectionManager.java:430)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.bootstrap(ConnectionManager.java:312)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMManager.findOrCreateRemoteInternal(RJVMManager.java:222)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMManager.findOrCreate(RJVMManager.java:180)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreateRemoteServer(RJVMFinder.java:222)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:188)
at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.findOrCreateRJVM(ServerURL.java:125)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:296)
... 9 more

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

[Login failed for an unknown reason:

Incorrect username / password ? Is the t3 lookup failing or the Topic lookup ? If the JNDI lookup is failing then there is no problem with the Topic config, your lookup code probably needs fine tuning. Can you post some ?

achuta simbhu
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response.

Actually, from the stacktrace, it's unable to create the jndi context, so I would say we have not reached the code doing the Topic lookup.

The code to create the InitialContext is as given below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Properties props = new Properties();
props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx");
props.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "username");
props.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "password");
return new InitialContext(props);
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like it is unable to login. Are the login credentials incorrect?

Thanks and Regards,
-A

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

It seems like it is unable to login. Are the login credentials incorrect?

You should tell me that That is what it looks like. Can you login to admin console with the same username and password ?

achuta simbhu
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I was using WebLogic.jar for v8.1.
Then I realised that the server was running Weblogic 9.2 and so I changed the client's classpath to point to the 9.2 weblogic.jar.

Now I get pretty much the same error, with [Login failed for an unknown reason: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]]
Stacktrace is as given below.
Has anyone encountered this before? I am still looking for the same error on the web. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
-A
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is weblogic.socket.UnrecoverableConnectException: [Login failed for an unknown reason: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]]
at weblogic.jndi.internal.ExceptionTranslator.toNamingException(ExceptionTranslator.java:49)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.toNamingException(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:765)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:362)
at weblogic.jndi.Environment.getContext(Environment.java:307)
at weblogic.jndi.Environment.getContext(Environment.java:277)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:117)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
at com.asd.lan.adapter.outbound.jms.OutboundServiceSubscriber.getInitialContext(OutboundServiceSubscriber.java:237)
at com.asd.lan.adapter.outbound.jms.OutboundServiceSubscriber.connect(OutboundServiceSubscriber.java:281)
at com.asd.lan.adapter.outbound.jms.OutboundServiceSubscriber.main(OutboundServiceSubscriber.java:173)
Caused by: weblogic.socket.UnrecoverableConnectException: [Login failed for an unknown reason: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]
at weblogic.socket.Login.checkLoginSuccess(Login.java:131)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.MuxableSocketT3.connect(MuxableSocketT3.java:448)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.MuxableSocketT3.createConnection(MuxableSocketT3.java:202)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.createConnection(ConnectionManager.java:1702)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.findOrCreateConnection(ConnectionManager.java:1369)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.bootstrap(ConnectionManager.java:445)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.bootstrap(ConnectionManager.java:323)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMManager.findOrCreateRemoteInternal(RJVMManager.java:259)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMManager.findOrCreate(RJVMManager.java:202)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreateRemoteServer(RJVMFinder.java:226)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:189)
at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.findOrCreateRJVM(ServerURL.java:154)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate$1.run(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:341)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:363)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:147)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:336)
... 10 more
INFO 2009-09-17 13:12:35,662 [main] com.asd.lan.adapter.outbound.jms.OutboundServiceSubscriber - ASD: OutboundServiceSubscriber stopped.

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

[Login failed for an unknown reason: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]

Is the T3 URL valid ?

achuta simbhu
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The url seems to be valid because when I change either the url or the port, I get host unreachable exception.

I searched on the web for Http 1.1 404 which means the requested resource was not found at the given uri. But I fail to understand one thing...where am I using the HTTP protocol?

Thanks and Regards,
-A

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi All,
I ran into a similar exception with the following message
javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is weblogic.socket.UnrecoverableConnectException: [Login failed for an unknown reason:]]

Initially I was able to work with t3 protocol .... but after messing up with my weblogic server,I ran into this exception
I did not change any protocol All I did is restart my system & I do not get this exception anymore....

Maybe this will help sometimes.

Regards,
Ohm

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic