• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Session Management Problems in the application

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Friends,
I have been working on an application configured completely on Core Java, Servlets and JSP's, i need to improve the performance of the application by removing unnecessarily used session variables and attributes once the work with that variables is done, i need to trace them out and pull them out from the session, so as to reduce the session data and improve the performance as a whole, i do have some more change requests that i need to take care of to improve the performance, i will be discussing with you the same in the next post, help me out with the ways, to remove these unnecessary session stuff.

Thanks
Kiran

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You could write a SessionAttributeListener that gets invoked every time something is added to the session. If you use an IDE like Eclipse you could put a breakpoint into the attributeAdded method to check the stacktrace and see where that attribute gets added and then trace where it is not needed anymore and remove it.

Sheriff
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Please take time to Carefully Choose One Forum when you start a topic. The SCJP forum is not the correct place for this. I'll move it to the appropriate forum...

Kiran Chintha
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Ankit, actually i have mistaken to take a correct forum, actually i have picked up the most recent topic from my list and sent as a new reply from that window, thanks for your observation and will do the post in the appropriate forums for the new ones.

Thanks
Kiran

Kiran Chintha
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for your suggestion, I will implement the SessionAttributeListener and track the scope of the session attributes and will remove them once they are no longer required.

Thanks
Kiran

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic