• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

i feel so sad ranchers

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I was supposed to take the exam around this time, then events happened ( smallest of them was that my computer's motherboard passed away ,damn you intel ,no service center here, blocked the only option to access scjp practice questions )and i had to postpone the programme.

Now i will either have to take SCJP with only studying K & B(which i did very throughly) or i will have to sacrifice the biggest festive season here (voucher expires on 30th september,so..), and this year is supposed to be special because i just have graduated 4 month ago and am expecting to join a company (TCS), so technically this is the last best celebration of true happiness before worklife begins...and here in Calcutta, it is a reaaally biggg occasion.

I am confident that i can pass the exam even now , if i take it within 5 minutes from now...but without practicing questions it would be hard to score good marks. Do you think getting a good marks really matters? I mean, some people are telling me if i have the certificate, they don't care asking the score.

Any life saving advice?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't know it depends, I think real work experience is worth more than a certification but if you are just starting out on your career then having a certification is definitely a plus.

Keep in mind that employers often make you pass a test in addition to the interview so regardless if you have a certification or not, it's always better if you know your stuff better

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
better marks means better experience and better understanding of the language. Also like Guillaume said you usually get to answer very similar questions when taking an interview .So in my point of view start working to get those higher marks.

Tanmoy Dhara
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
FINE....let me slog throgh the murky roads of materialistic world epitomizing Chaplin's "Modern Times" , i won't enjoy festivities( i know i sound lethargic ,but on internet i am well-encapsulated from my employers , more than what java provides )

Hmm...i really wanted to hear things other way around,wanted to hear that 'only certificate,no score' thing is a corporate truth. But thank you friends for letting me be acquainted with the actual scenario.

This is why i like javaranch. In many cases people fail to recognize the fact that an apparently silly question may actually be significant to someone. But here,nobody thinks any question is silly.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
To pass the exam, 58% is the base. I think 60% is enough~~

But don't before taking the exam, we'd better get >70% rate.
Otherwise, we may fail if no good luck.

When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't - Edison. Tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic