• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Can i have multiple ActionForms for multiple forms on one page?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, friends,
I have a page which will perform multiple different functions in it, such as update product quantity, calculate shipping cost. Each function has its own form. I am wondering, can I use different ActionForms for the different forms on the same page and if any error, will the page display the error for the associated field on the associated form?
Thanks.
henry

Sheriff
Mac Android IntelliJ IDE Eclipse IDE Spring Debian Java Ubuntu Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't see why not. As long as you keep the document well-formed (forms can't overlap each other), you should be fine. I'm assuming that either you have each form have its own set of submit button(s) or if not, you are using JavaScript to submit forms. I prefer the former approach though.
As for displaying error messages, you have almost total control over how and where the messages will be displayed. Are you encountering any specific problems with using the tags?

Henry Sun
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks for your reply. I have different submit button in the page. So there should be no problem for my issue. I'll test it this afternoon.
henry

Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students - Robin Williams. tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic